Monadnock United Way fights for education
Education is a cornerstone for success in school, work and life. It also benefits the whole community: high school graduates have higher earning potential, contribute more to their local economies, are more engaged in their communities, and are more likely to raise kids who also graduate on time.
Monadnock United Way makes sure children and youth can start school ready to succeed, become proficient readers at a young age, stay on track in middle school, earn their high school diploma, and are ready to pursue meaningful opportunities after high school.
Monadnock community members receive an education that enables them to achieve their fullest potential.
A solid educational foundation leads to a promising and productive future.
- Children are ready to learn by the time they enter school
- Students are proficient in fundamental areas of learning, including social-emotional skills
- Community members are prepared to pursue meaningful opportunities after high school
How will we make this happen?
- Address basic needs that support educational success
- Support educational institutions to identify at-risk students
- Connect at-risk students to high quality, appropriate and coordinated supports and services
- Assist with significant educational transitions
- Connect educational institutions, families and communities