Thank you for your interest in a career with Monadnock United Way.
When you join our United Way team located in Keene, New Hampshire, you will be immersed in a vibrant and supportive community dedicated to addressing the most pressing needs of the Monadnock region. You’ll have opportunities to grow personally and professionally in an area of the country known for its generosity and commitment to the community. People in this region give freely of their time, talents and treasure to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to thrive. As a result, the Monadnock United Way sits at the top of the scale nationally for funds raised per capita within the United Way system. A career with the small team at Monadnock United Way provides excellent benefits, including healthcare, retirement savings, short- and long-term disability, paid time off and holidays.
LISTING OF OPENINGS
Full-time Accounting Manager
Posted: October 29, 2019
Monadnock United Way (MUW) is seeking an experienced accounting manager who wants to make a difference in this community. Reporting to the President and Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager contributes to the achievement of United Way’s mission and vision by managing and maintaining the integrity of the accounting function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Generate detailed, accurate and timely financial reports.
• In conjunction with the Director of Finance, responsible for all financial reporting requirements as recommended and required by GAAP, the FASB, nonprofit best practice, IRS, United Way Worldwide and government agencies as appropriate.
• Responsible for all accounting transactions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, agency payments and allocations, cash receipts, general ledger, fixed assets processing, in-kind donations and payroll administration.
• Coordination of collection efforts, including recommendation of allowance for doubtful accounts.
• Coordinate with fundraising staff on pledge and payment processing activity in donor database to ensure accurate and timely recording to general ledger.
• Direct part time accounting clerk on assigned duties.
• Prepare reconciliation of bank statements, associated accounts, balance sheet, and maintain internal accounts.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget.
• Prepare, review and analyze monthly reports of revenue and expenditures compared to budgeted targets.
• Prepare Schedule of Expenditures of Grants and Federal Awards (as applicable)
• Ensure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll processing and timely 403(b) submission and payroll allocations.
• Provide HR support and oversight to team members in the areas of benefit administration, HRIS administration, employee relations, compensation, and policy/compliance administration.
• In conjunction with the Director of Finance, oversee contract execution and compliance including audit services, financial services and contract services.
• Remain up to date on nonprofit best practices and state/federal law and regulations regarding nonprofit financial and administrative operations.
• Support and coordinate work of the Finance Department and Board of Directors.
• Responsible for completion of all required reports and schedules, both internal and regulatory.
• Under guidance of Director of Finance, ensure that the President and Board are kept fully informed on the financial condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it in a timely manner.
• Assist auditors in preparation of annual audit, preparation of IRS Form 990 and Annual Report.
• Ensure confidentiality and reliability of all company data and proprietary information.
• Other duties may be assigned.
The Accounting Manager must model the competencies expected of all MUW staff:
• Mission Focused. Employee’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and overall community well-being. This drives employee performance and professional motivations.
• Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
• Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
• Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
• Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
• Role Model. Employee is a role model for shared leadership and advocates for collective impact principles and processes.
The Accounting Manager must model and support the values of the organization:
• Results driven, innovative, passionate and committed to the mission of MUW.
• Commitment to Community Success. Make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence.
• Co-leadership. Empower others and act as a catalyst for promoting positive change in our community.
• Inclusiveness. Aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of work.
• Integrity and Accountability. Act with integrity that justifies trust.
• Innovation. Value innovation in community building to affect positive change.
Experience and qualifications
• Experience with nonprofit entities preferred
• Experience working with Boards of Directors as trusted partners.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and to assess and change priorities based upon agency needs
• Skills related to effective project management, including strong work ethic, attention to detail, time management, ability to prioritize, problem solving, flexibility and willingness to learn
• Strong communication skills with an ability to present financial statements, reports and routine accounting updates in an effective manner to team members, donors, agency partners, the President and the Board
• Embraces change and thrives in a rapidly changing environment
• Computer proficient and possess experience of Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks
• Ability to implement agency vision, mission, values and strategic plan.
• Demonstrated ability to work and function with confidential information and data.
• 5+ years of experience in accounting
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting
• Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and daily access to personal vehicle.
• Able to lift up to 30 pounds
MUW’s benefits package includes health insurance, a group retirement plan with employer match, short and long-term disability insurance, vacation and holiday pay as well as family-friendly policies including flexible hours. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.