Monadnock United Way Request for Proposals
Financial Stability and Basic Needs
What we look for:
- Alignment: The program must align with the outcomes and strategies related to MUW's Financial Stability and/or Basic Needs focus area
- Vision: A description of the anticipated short- and long-term outcomes of the program
- Evidence: Data that demonstrate community need for the program, as well as evidence that the program model will lead to the anticipated outcomes
- Planning: A detailed description of the program, its activities and how MUW funding would support them
- Evaluation: A plan to collect performance measures and use data to evaluate program efficacy
Applicants must be recognized as tax-exempt human service organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Organizations that do not have this status may apply for grants if another 501(c)(3) acts as a reporting and fiscal sponsor. Eligibility requirements can be completed through e-Cimpact after registering. Read the full list of Eligibility Criteria for MUW Funding for more information.
The RFP process is open to programs located in and serving residents within the MUW service area of southwestern New Hampshire. Click here to see our map, and see the listing of cities/towns below.
Cheshire County: Alstead, Chesterfield, Spofford, Dublin, Fitzwilliam, Gilsum, Harrisville, Hinsdale, Jaffrey, Keene, Marlborough, Marlow, Nelson, Richmond, Rindge, Roxbury, Stoddard, Sullivan, Surry, Swanzey, Troy, Walpole, Westmoreland, Winchester
Hillsborough County: Antrim, Bennington, Deering, Francestown, Greenfield, Greenville, Hancock, Hillsboro, Mason, New Ipswich, Peterborough, Sharon, Temple, Windsor
MUW does not fund:
- More than 10% of administrative expenses
- Religious programs (although-faith based organizations are welcome to apply for non-religious programs)
- Deficit reduction or expenses already incurred
- Capital campaigns or land acquisition
- Programs that are typically the responsibility of federal, state or municipal funding
- Academic research
- Programs that re-grant funds to others
- Grants to individuals
- Multiple grant proposals from the same organization for the same program services
- Grant writers and/or fundraising
For more information about Monadnock United Way's funding opportunities, please contact us at 603-352-4209.