POLICY ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Monadnock United Way (“MUW”) is committed to be a model of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to promote an inclusive culture where diversity is valued by everyone. This includes our Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and allocation agencies, reflecting the many faces, cultures and walks of life that make up the communities we serve. It is central to our mission - LIVE UNITED - to bring together caring people to more effectively address the issues that face our communities.
We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes of our stakeholders and we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of age, ability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, culture, religion or religious beliefs, or socioeconomic status that make each person who they are.
We will practice this commitment by:
- Creating a diverse, equitable and Inclusive organization. MUW is committed to building and maintaining an environment that embraces and values differences. MUW employees should feel valued and respected, without bias or preference based on difference. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Modeling leadership and developing practices and policies that embrace the value of diversity, equity and inclusion in our day-to-day operations that promote understanding and acceptance of individual differences.
- Adopting a code of conduct that encourages courteous sharing of individual ideals, abilities, and perspectives to reinforce respect and dignity within all interactions.
- Supporting educational programs and initiatives that advance the recognition, understanding and importance of safeguarding the right to dignity and justice of all people.
- To be a valuable community partner our Board members, staff and volunteers model an awareness of, and understanding and respect for, the many forms of difference reflected in the people and communities served by MUW.
- MUW will comply with all statutes, regulations, and executive orders that address equal employment and non-discrimination to select the individual considered best qualified on the basis of ability and merit and without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. There will be no discrimination on any of these grounds in employment, recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, advancement opportunities, or any other aspect of employment.