Too many people in our region are silently suffering. We may not see or experience the extent of their pain and stress. But it exists. Hardship hides behind closed doors. It lives in neighborhoods we know well and those we never walk through. It dwells in every corner of our community, near and far. It is more important than ever before that our community come together in support of those who are facing hardship.
... Step Up for Those in Need
By reaching our Campaign Goal - $1,277,000
- We must raise $1,277,000 this year so that people facing uncertainty and hardships can receive the services they need to be whole.
- Without those funds, more people will be hungry, more will lose their homes, and more children will fall behind in school and life.
... Lift Up our Community
Covid-19’s Effects on the Community
Our partners are responding to the community in these ways:
- Rent, utility and gas assistance so that people may stay in their homes and employed
- Daily essentials, including sanitizers, diapers, thermometers, paper products
- Learning tools, games and toys parents can use while children learn at home
- Hazard pay for child care workers
- The food supply chain is now exhibiting shortages. Pantries are having trouble getting food orders filled
… Rebuild and Reimagine
Effects on nonprofits
The loss of funds, increased need and increased expenses to fill the needs are stretching nonprofits past their limits:
- 92% of responding nonprofits have experienced a loss in revenue – on average 34% of budgets have been lost, with some missions faring much worse. – NH Center for Nonprofits Survey
- Although these nonprofits experienced major disruptions to their organizations, they are adapting their services to meet critical needs in our communities while keeping their constituents, staff and volunteers safe. NH Center for Nonprofits Survey
- Canceled fundraising events results in losses of $5,000 to $50,000 that they depend on to make ends meet – MUW partners
- CARES Act funding, though very helpful, is not covering the majority of funds lost - MUW partners
... Build Equitable Communities
I’ve already given to a Covid-19 relief fund – why should I give to the campaign?
The Covid-19 fund provided immediate relief for our neighbors and friends. But that did not pay for the good work our nonprofits provide to people in need every day. Without your gift, fewer children will attend child care; more families will lose home visiting and parenting classes, and more of our neighbors will face housing instability and hunger.
Why it Matters
United Together ....
We fund 30 programs and initiatives across the region that provide services focusing on children, education and financial stability in every community across our region.
Visit our 2021 Funded Programs Page for a complete listing of programs, funding amounts and outcomes.
United Together ....
We serve 37 towns in the region. Visit our Service Map for a complete listing.
There are many ways you can donate!
Payroll deduction: See your HR dept
Mail: MUW, 23 Center Street, Keene, NH 03431
Monadnock United Way ﬁghts for children, education, and ﬁnancial stability in every community throughout our region.