In reflecting on the past year and looking into the future, we have much to celebrate. Thanks to you, our campaign raised $1,535,250! This is nearly double the national average of $800,000 for a United Way of our size.
But the Campaign figure alone tells only a part of the story. Together, we have accomplished so much more! Your time and talent in 2018 also helped us raise additional funds, attract more resources for our partners, and launch innovative collaborations for our region’s future.
Here’s how your time and talent in 2018 has strengthened our community:
New funds and resources for our region
- In 2018, our community raised $127,000 over and above campaign gifts from individuals and foundations to support Impact Monadnock, our early childhood initiative to prepare children for academic, career and life success
- Community engagement and advocacy efforts brought the Pyramid Model to the region’s child care centers, which helps children regulate their emotions, manage conflict, and solve problems. This state-sponsored initiative is valued at $150,000 per year for four years.
- Another $57,000 was awarded this month to engage our community in addressing the need for affordable, quality childcare for everyone.
- The Monadnock Home Visiting Alliance, MUW’s pilot collective of four agencies, will assist and encourage 20% more families through the joys and challenges they face during a baby’s first years.
- The Monadnock Region Afterschool Collective, consisting of seven afterschool programs, is providing emotional and behavioral supports for the children and youth in their care.
- The Monadnock Parent Education Collective, consisting of four agencies, is instilling positive parenting practices to heal families and support emotional growth.
- IM Business Ambassadors are creating family-friendly workplaces across the region to promote child growth and development.
- In 2019, your support is funding over $1,300,000 in programs and services, including those above, to address our region’s most pressing needs for children, education, financial stability and foundational basic needs.
These successes tell us that that we are on the right path to creating lasting, long-term results – and that we can replicate these successes in each of the areas we fund.
Thank you for partnering with MUW to fight for children, education and financial stability for every community throughout our region. We are a strong and vibrant community because of you.
Liz LaRose, APR, President
Monadnock United Way